Sunday, June 10, 2012

Don't fight with each other, Fight for each other!

I have be struck with a thought based on a conversation I recently had.....

When did we get so worried about judging others?
Like someone says/does something wrong and brothers and sisters in Christ come around them and say.... "yikes! Are you sure thats what you want?"
ALL OF A SUDDEN they are judging you!
NO NO seriously NO!
See that's what the Body of Christ is for!
See HE created His beautiful bride the church and HE created the accountability that is inside it.
By NO means am I saying its easy....
Oh boy, I have had my share over correction from other followers of Christ who love me enough to not fight with me but to fight for me!
Let me say that again... this isn't judgment this is Loving each other enough to not fight with each other but to instead FIGHT FOR EACH OTHER.
To love your brothers and sisters in Christ enough to say the things that might be tough.
To stand up and say "Friend, I love you. I believe this behavior is against what we stand for in God's Word but I am here and I am willing to fight this battle with you"

Wouldn't you rather have people around you who love you enough to give you a kick in the "pants" rather than people who just ignore the problem and let you continue to be miserable?

The more I think about it I am certain some of you are reading this and saying " but I am not miserable... I am the happiest I have ever been"
This is my response to that thinking:
We choose whether or not we are going to live for Christ or live for ourselves.
Not everyone may think the way that I do but when someone I love is making dangerous choices I am will tell them 1 maybe 2 times... after that my way of fighting for them is to lay it before the Throne and let the God of the Universe take care of it. ALWAYS being willing to let Him use me.

Please don't misunderstand this is NOT a soap box rant about how I know how to handle things better than someone else.

THIS IS a soap box about how we have moved so far away from scripture to satisfy our own desire that we don't even recognize it anymore.
I know that I have moved dangerously away myself and I truly pray that I have people in my life to love me enough to not let it happen again.

I guess that is what I am trying to communicate ( I may be failing *wink*) this is not about judgment because that is God's job, this IS about accountability and thats God's role for us.
Matthew 18 wasn't set up just for fun. This is how God designed us to take care of each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment