Sunday, May 24, 2015

Memorial Day!

Why I LOVE/HATE Memorial Day...

This day stirs up so many emotions.
A sense of pride in my country.
The proud fact that I come from a Military Family.
The heart ache for those military families whose loved ones didn't come home.
And mostly frustration....
Not so much in an angry way but in a 'I wish you could see what I see' way.
I wrestle with this  "we can be who we want" attitude that this generation seems to be grasping onto.
And although I mostly agree, the frustration comes when we forget that the freedom we have to " be ourselves" or "express the true me" only comes because men and women lost their lives defending this country. 
So when I get this push back on being patriotic or loving our country it makes me a little sad.

I want my sons to grow up knowing that the freedoms they have and the freedoms of others came from brave soldiers who knew the cost was worth it.

So... Anti-War Organizers... I am with you! And so is every military mom ,wife, sister or daughter in the USA.... WE HATE WAR TOO!! But as you go out to protest, please just remember the freedom you have to publicly state your beliefs came from OUR family members bravely fighting and sacrificing EVERYTHING so that you could.

Freedom isn't free.... But it's worth fighting for. 

Ok that's it! 
Sorry if I stepped on some toes.... This is my freedom too. (wink)

No comments:

Post a Comment