Monday, February 14, 2011

Cupcakes and Cake!

If I was given the opportunity to be a baker and open my own bakery it would be called the "Impatient Bakery".
Today I did a lot of baking.
Starting with Red Velvet Cupcakes with pink frosting.


As I started mixing ingredients together , I started thinkging about how much I love baking.
I don't really love to cook. I am not creative in that way. Baking....hmmm.... just thinking about it brings peace to my mind.
It's fun and not stressful and in the end you know its gonna be great.
BUT!!
I am totally that person who as soon as the cake comes out of the oven I want to slather it in frosting.
I don't want to wait for it to cool, even though I KNOW that if I frost it now its gonna slide all over and make a huge mess.
I have to purposely walk away from my cake. I have to leave it alone and trust that when it cools I can come back and frost it.
THATS WHEN IT HIT ME!!!!
I want so badly to hold my Baby. I want to kiss its face and hold it close in my arms.
I want to wrap it up warm and lovingly feed it a bottle. These are things I want so badly I can literally feel my hands doing them.
My Baby needs some more time.
God has to have it ready for me. So that when the time comes to hold, cuddle and feed my little Baby, much like my cake, it will be worth the wait.






1 comment:

  1. Great post Jeanne. What a great analogy. You need those word pictures to keep reminding you that God is at work, even when it doesn't "look" like anything is happening.

    ReplyDelete