Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Risky?

I am not even sure how to start this blog.

I guess let me start by saying... This life is not our own. Dave and I have been hugely convicted by that.

This summer God has started pressing on our hearts. Well, to be clear He has been for over a year now. But this summer He started showing us how selfish we really are. How we don't need all the things of this world.
I was very convicted that we as Americans live like kings and queens compared to others around the world. I was "smacked" in the face that these people are not just glimpses you catch on tv or the bum begging for money on the side of the road. They are hurting and need to know the love of God.
Up to this point we have not been able to help in any extraordinary ways. Mostly, because we have to support our life style. THAT is going to change.
This last week I cleaned out everything "extra" thing in this house. I did this for a few reasons. 1. We just don't need so much. Even with half my possessions I still live better than most people in Africa.
2. It will make it easier when we move.

We have decided to pack up our things and move to my Uncle's. This will free all of us up to be able to give more to those who are in need. This will open doors for us to be able to adopt again or give towards others who are adopting.
I know this sounds like we are going crazy. I know you could be reading this and thinking we are insane. I am not judging you. I was you just last year.
God did this! God brought us here. God isn't suggesting James 1:27.
He says TRUE christianity is taking care of the orphans and widows.
So I was faced with some very real questions.
Am I a real Christ follower?
And if I am, am I willing to take chances to bring Him glory?
So~ Here we are selling our house. Taking chances, for His glory.


No comments:

Post a Comment