Sunday, February 19, 2012

Just some thoughts...

Words....
I can barely form sentences to speak them, let alone write them down.
I am not sure if it's because I am tired or because God is moving in my heart again.
I was listening to some music while relaxing
"I'm weak, I'm poor, I'm broken Lord but I'm Yours, Hold me now"
I feel like these lyrics ring true for me.
I am tired, parenting and everyday life isn't as easy as they make it look on TV.
I am scared at the idea that I am not sure how we are going to pay our bills.
I am broken by the battles I have fought in my life.
BUT
I have accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior and I am so much more than a broken, scared, poor lady.... I am a treasure, a jewel.... you're laughing right? Me too... A jewel, a treasure? I don't feel that way when its 2:30 in the afternoon and I haven't even showered for the day yet. When my hair is a mess and one of my children just barfed on me.

When I am weak and broken it's in that moment when I cry out to Him for strength that He gives me all I need. He comforts me and gives me the strength I need to keep moving forward... shower or not!

2 comments:

  1. Jennifer Knapp's first album right? I adore that song. I've been listening to that album since it first came out when I was a teenager and it still moves me to goosebumps and tears, probably more now!
    Thank you for sharing this. I know with the newbie coming soon those moments will become more frequent, and I sometimes fear them. Thank you for reminding me of the peace and strength that is made perfect through my weaknesses! And thank you for reminding me that I can do it without showering! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the Kansas album! I also LOVED it when I was a teen but the depth of it grabs me more now! Refine Me... is probably my favorite!
      :)

      Delete