Thursday, February 9, 2012

Sickies!

The last few days have been well... germy.... I guess is the best way to put it!
The biggest of our littles had the "barf nasty"(that's what we call the stomach bug) earlier in the week and the littlest of the littles has been fighting a cough and stuffy nose for about a week.
I was comforting one in my arms while my amazing hubby comforted the other....... BUT then he had to go to work. Both little boys wanted to be held but I didn't want either of them to be that close to each other (in case they shared).
In that moment I started to feel really overwhelmed. I thought " AHHH NO, I CAN'T DO THIS"
I wanted to panic. I even started to!
I really started to just plain freak out.
I wish I could tell you that my first thought in the moment was to pray.
I wish I could tell you that I didn't let my frustration out a little on the kiddos.
It was when the oldest reached over to grab the baby and give him a kiss that I screamed NO!!!!!! He had no idea he was doing something wrong. He knew his baby brother was sick and he just wanted to make him feel better.
But when all was said and done I had not handled that right. Poor guy cried and that's when it hit me.... I need to relax. At that point I did pray.
I needed to be reminded that my kids will get sick :( And as much as I hate it when they're sick, God has blessed me to be in their lives and take care of them.
So so so many children wake up everyday sick and have no Mommy to hug them. No one to cradle them after they've thrown up. No one to wipe their nose and give them a kiss on the forehead. This day when they are sick.... it's not a curse.... it's a blessing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment