Thursday, February 28, 2013

A secret recipe!!

Ok this one is killing me!!!

Here is what I have decided...

I am not doing this one!
Oh I know it sounds like I am giving something up on my list but that is just not the case.
If you know me you know I love food. I don't ask for opinions often because I will cry if they tell me they hate it. And in my family its not completely unlikely for someone to say they hate something. So the ONLY person I ask is my brother in law Jay.
I know this is totally random and if you know Jay you are thinking what is she nuts?! But Jay is kind and not afraid to say maybe a little this or a little more that.... And he isn't mean and doesn't make me feel stupid! (Even though I thought I almost killed him once... Ask him about the calzones I made for him)
Soooo...
I have made a few dishes that I thought this would be a perfect secret recipe...
Banana split cake
Zucchini lasagna
But every time someone says this is good and I think.... They should make this too!
They should be able to put their own creative spin on things.
Cooking/ Baking and be such a refreshing expression of ones artistic ability, why would I limit someone from making tasty art! So I am going to post the recipes and its no secret!

Banana Split Cake!
This is a two layer cake.
I used New Hope Mills GF vanilla cake mix.
In the middle of the two prepared cakes I put melted peanut butter and bananas.
I frosted the cake with chocolate whipped frosting and topped it with sliced strawberries :) soooo yummy!

Zucchini Lasagna.

Make normal lasagna just replace noodles with zucchini.
It's so tasty! Even my little boys loved it!
Only caution is ... It's super juicy so let it set for a bit when you take it out of the oven.

I do not claim to be a chef!
So these are nothing new I am sure... But still fun things I enjoyed making!

Enjoy your tasty art!!

No comments:

Post a Comment