Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Selfish!

Thats me! I went for a power walk this morning and spent sometime thinking over my behavior. I am a needy person......I want people to think I am so powerful and have everything under-control. I DON'T! Thanfully the God of the Universe who loves me DOES.
I realized on my little adventure this morning that sometimes my motivation for doing something is for others. Like for example losing this last 30 pounds. I have been trying to get it off because I know people want me to. The first 70 pounds came off because I called on God to help me. I have just been trusting myself to finish this battle .............. so no wonder I can't get it off.
Dwight Peterson spoke yesterday about how our body is ours we have to push it we have to beat it into submission BUT we can't do that on our own strength. We need
  1. 1 Our Bibles

Hebrews 4:12

12For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

2 Timothy 3:16

16All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,


2. Prayer

Matthew 26:40-41

40Then he returned to his disciples and found them sleeping. "Could you men not keep watch with me for one hour?" he asked Peter. 41"Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak."

James 5:16

16Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

3. The Body of Christ

Galatians 6:1-2

1Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted. 2Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.



No comments:

Post a Comment