Friday, June 17, 2011

My Plan....wanna give it a try?

I had an RA (rheumatoid arthritis) appointment today. GUH!
I am not too upset but a little disappointed.
I have been on a chemo therapy for almost 4 years now. It's not an extreme dose but still it's a CHEMO THERAPY!
So I have been trying my hardest to correct my RA with diet. I have found a few things that really help.
No Red Meat
No Peppers
No Eggplant
No White flour
No White Pasta
and new to the list has been...
No Sugar.

Well I have done pretty good on cutting back on the sugar, until this week.
So when I went to the Dr. he basically said I have 10 weeks to prove to him that I can correct my RA with diet.
He is pleased with my overall progress but it really needs to be significant in order for it to show up on the blood work.
So in 10 weeks I need to lose some weight, drop my sugar intake and have proof of lower inflammation in my blood work.
After ALL that.... he will lower my dosage again.

So here is the plan.
I am going to do this 7 day diet for R.A.
I am going to give it a try and see how it works. Anyone brave enough to try it with me?
HAHA its ok if you are not.
Just FYI this is not one of those fad weight loss diets( although you will lose weight) thats not the purpose of this. The purpose is to really give you a healthy cleansing diet for 7 days in hopes that you will feel the over all effects and change your life style as far as eating.
Seriously, no pressure but if you are willing or interested just let me know. ;)


1 comment:

  1. Hey Jeanne,
    That sounds very familiar. When I joined the coast guard, my blood pressure was too high for them to accept me. In order to get a waiver, I had to drop my blood pressure and have it documented 3 times a day for a week, so I went on a diet very similar to that, no sugar, no white flour, no dairy, red meat and no salt. It worked like a charm. I hope it works out for you.

    ReplyDelete