Friday, January 13, 2012

An update and remembering where we were a year ago!


Well a week ago right now I was being rolled into recovery.
I had a successful gallbladder removal.
For those of you who don't know....
Your gallbladder is supposed to be a greeny, blue color. The Dr. was amazed that mine was BRIGHT RED. It was filled with gall stones and scar tissue but amazingly not infected.
As I think about that I am not amazed at all really because my Outstandingly Amazing God knew that my body could not handle that kind of infection. See I have RA and it's an immune system disease. I take a medicine that suppresses my immune system and my body would have NEVER been able to fight an infection of that magnitude. Hmmm that makes me smile.
My fear consumed me and my Savior protected me!

So we are settling into a routine. Mommy has been out of commission and not able to do her "normal" jobs. The love of my life has stepped in and not only done all his regular stuff but mine too! He has been amazing. I adore him! Thanks Baby!

Ok so we are getting ready for our yearly Winter Retreat and I found this picture from last winter.


To explain. Our teens needed to work together to make a snow sculpture. There were a few teams and I was the judge. Well, this group made "me". They put my hat on it and I often say "yeah" which is why the sign is there. BUT my favorite part is the stroller with the tiny baby snowman in it. They were playing on my emotions because last year at this time we were waiting. It THRILLS me that this year that image of what was going to be in our life is ACTUALLY here!
Dawson is such a blessing! He is an amazing little boy. Jaxon and Dawson have already connected! Dawson lights up as soon as he hears Jaxon's voice! These are the things I dreamed of!
So to the team that made this sculpture... Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment