Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Out on the ledge comes with surgery?????

Ugh~
So to be clear I don't even want to be writing all these thoughts down but they are fighting to get out so here it goes...
Out on the ledge is a scary place to be. Out on the ledge you are at serious risk.
Don't get me wrong, the blessings are AMAZING!! Better then I could have ever dreamed for myself.
But here we are out on the ledge saying that we will trust God with EVERYTHING!
And He decides that this is a great opportunity to prove how much I trust Him by having me under-go gallbladder surgery.
Now some of you are thinking " Jeanne, Relax! Gallbladder surgery is no big deal" ... I know I know! Even still I am terrified! Probably the most scared I have been in my life.
My imagination is probably the worst part of it. I imagine the worst possible things!
UGH!!
So please pray. Pray that God grants me peace. Pray that I don't lose focus. Pray that I remember He is the God of the Universe and has TOTAL power and control and what will be, will be.
I do trust Him.

Lord,
You are my strength when I am weak. You know what my future holds and You have it all under control. Help me to trust in that. Lord, You are amazing and huge. YOU hold the tiniest details together and I am so thankful to call You Father. Lord, send Your amazing hand of comfort on these shaking, sobbing shoulders because my human, weak mind is running away with me. Lord, You have power over all things and I need You to take power over my weakness which is my imagination.
Lord, I am taking comfort in You.
Amen.

4 comments:

  1. awww, you poor thing! - I'll be praying for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you & understand the fear of surgery (no matter how "simple" it is) when it's yourself that's getting it. I imagine you probably already have a legion of helpers, but Hannah & I are here, also. Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanne,
    Yes, I know how the devil can run away with such wild thoughts that you do not even know where they are coming from. I am so thankful that you are able to express yourself in this blog. I want you to know that we are praying for a peace that passes all understanding,for His protection as you have this surgery and for very fast healing as you recover. I am praying that God will fill your mind with scripture and remind of who He is and what He is capable of - we wrote your surgery date down so that we can pray more earnestly as that day approaches. Know how much Sharon and I love you and think of you, Dave and the children.
    Love,
    Shirley & Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You for your sweet sweet posts!! They are such a blessing!!

    ReplyDelete