Monday, January 30, 2012

Maybe its all in how I look at it?

For my personal devotion time I use Word of Life's Online Quiet Time it really has been a huge blessing to me. At the end of every passage there is a commentary and some life step questions. These were this morning's questions:
LIFESTEP:
What seems bad in your life right now? Do you believe God is really going to use it for good? Will you commit to looking for the good now?

OH I was trumped! The study is in Jeremiah when 3,000 people were taken from Jerusalem to Babylon. False prophets had told them that they would not be there long but the reality was God had moved them for a reason.

So when trials come into my life.... do I believe the "false prophets" who are telling me that I have all the right in the world to be upset? OR do I trust the God of the Universe Who has brought situations in my life for a reason?

All of that made me think of a song called " The Blessing" by John Waller

In the last few days situations from my past have been brought to my attention. Things that I struggled with or insecurities I had have resurfaced.... To be honest , leaving me kinda shaken and a little bit bitter.
It seemed easy for me to recall the "old" feelings. Things I haven't had to deal with for years. That was actually the scary part. I hated how close they were to recall. I thought for sure I had buried all of that stuff.
Well, slapped in my face was the reality that I am not perfect! WHAT?! You're kidding right?! I am not perfect?
When did that happen? (haha *wink*)
I know that I am not perfect and I think sometimes we take ourselves too seriously.
I will admit that these "struggles/insecurities" of mine are something that need to be dealt with once and for all, but they DO NOT have to be as big of a drama as I often make them.
Here it is... Plain and Simple :
I make mistakes. God has used those mistakes to teach me and draw me closer to Him.
So these "struggles/insecurities" are not a curse! They are a blessing! I am thankful that God loves me enough to continue to teach me. Although the thought of being humbled does not leave me jumping for joy, it does get me a little excited to see what God is going to do next with me.
It's an adventure!
So my thought for today:
Take the trial, struggle or bitter feeling and look at it differently! Stop letting it beat you down and embrace it!
Make right with God what you must and trust Him that He has brought you to this place and time for a reason!
Ok and one more final thought!
If you go to the store today~ Look at your cash register operator's name tag... then ask them by name how they are doing today? Really, it makes them smile.... and makes you stop thinking so much about your problems and reminds you that others share this big BIG world!!

No comments:

Post a Comment