Monday, April 7, 2014

Think Christians are hypocrites?? Yeah... so do I !

I am going to try to write this as graciously as I possibly can. I went to a conference recently and something we heard over and over was " Approach trumps content EVERY time".

I think Christians have a tendency to be hypocrites.
I hate that ALL Christians get pegged with the bad deeds of some. I want to try my hardest not to hurt or anger anyone on purpose... that would make me just as wrong.

OK so here it is....

I think that it is very dangerous when Christians put sin in levels.
Making one worse than another.

A Cheater is no worse than a gossip or a meddler.

The Bible very clearly says let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

I truly and HUGELY believe in the body of Christ and the accountability that comes with it.
I do think there is room for a gracious and loving approach to someone struggling with sin.
There is NOT room for gossiping, back biting and slander.

I am not innocent. I have made mistakes and talked about people behind their backs too. So this isn't me judging you.
This is me asking you to look at the situation.
Consider the people involved.
Do you honestly think they want their business spread all over?
If this was you.... would you want people talking about you?

Isn't the golden rule:
"Do unto others what you would have them do unto you"

These are not complicated thoughts.

Its actually really simple...
You want people to stop thinking of Christians as hypocrites?
Stop talking behind each others' backs.
Stop kicking people when they are already down.
Stop talking about their sin.... because you are sinning when you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment