Wednesday, April 16, 2014

What would it take?

What would you do?

How far would you go?

If doing the right thing meant letting go of something.... would you?

You know ( jeesh I hope you know) that I have a relationship with a big God.
But even if you don't.... when did we as a human race stop caring about other people?

For real. It's a legit question.

 When did we start putting our needs above the needs of others?

When did we start saying things like " I am not happy so I am leaving"
forgetting entirely the lives that would be affected?

When did we stop caring about people because I don't have time ( but I just went home to watch TV)?

This is not me being judgmental. I am SO guilty of both of these.

My question is....

What would it take?

Would I give up my favorite TV show to help someone?

Would I sacrifice my "happiness" for the benefit of others?

How far would I go to dramatically change how I interact with people?

Would I be willing to give up everything I own to benefit others?

What about my plans?   What about my family? 

How far would I go to change the lives of people who are hurting?

If I decided to go ALL IN and act different... How long before I give up?

What's holding me back from really actually helping people?

Is it my social life? Is it that I am scared?

Of what?   

Am I really scared of people?  Nope.

Am I scared of being mocked? Maybe.

I am not here with an answer but I do think we are missing out on SO much by hiding in our "safe" places.
To be perfectly honest.... I am sick of feeling safe! Even as I write that out I get a sick feeling in my stomach.
But I mean it.

I am sick and tired of doing nothing because I am afraid of the unknown.

How far are we willing to go for the benefit of others?


No comments:

Post a Comment