Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Where have I been????

Ok I know I know its been a while! I have written and deleted a few blogs because what I had to say just didn't seem to come out right. Even now I am sitting here trying to force out a blog because I have something very important to say!
I have frustration and reservations and HUGE, HUGE fears! God has proven himself over and over but still I sit here scared out of my mind of where He is taking us.
So here it is:
WE ARE APPROVED!!!!
We just got word from our social worker tonight!!
So our profiles go out tomorrow and at this point we just wait!
UGH!!!
Here is the other thing.
We filled out the form tonight!
The form that says what "type" of child we would take.
Things like:
Sex
Race
Multiple Births (twins)
Mental Health Issues
Medical Health Issues
Birthparent Mental Health Issues
Birthparent Medical Health Issues

That isn't too scary to me. I truly believe that God has laid adoption on our hearts. I know this is EXACTLY what we should be doing. So, it doesn't matter what is "wrong" with this child because God calls us to love the fatherless and that is what we are going to do.
BUT ~ this is one of those situations that Satan is using to get me to rethink what we are doing. To be clear I am not changing my mind. It's just that Satan sees this area in my life and he is feeding me lies. Lies like I could never raise a special needs child. Lies like I am never going to be able to sleep a full night again. Lies like I am not good enough for this. I know the truth!
God just did something so huge (the approval) and Satan hates that and therefore he is messing with my head! UGH!!!
Anyway~ BASICALLY from this point on we just wait!! And pray hard we get the $$$ we need!! God is Good!!

4 comments:

  1. Satan is really good at feeding people those lies...that's why there are so many kids with special needs on the waiting children list...If this baby has special needs you will more than likely have some sleepless nights..but it will be worth it...because God will give you everything you need to raise that baby, and it'll be one less on that waiting children list, one less neglected and abused because the label "special needs" scared people away. Besides...you know who you can call if you need any extra help! :-) love you guys and praying for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth! Can I just tell you how much I love you and am so amazed at what God has done and is doing! You are in my prayers daily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't get it! Sometimes when I post, it says my user name is PASTOR!!! Pastor- of all things! How does this happen? Someone is messing with my mind! So anyway- that wasn't Pastor that said "Ditto"- it was ME!!

    And on another note: Have you noticed that those wavy verification words we have to type out to be able to post can be strangely appropriate? You will never believe what the verification word was for the "ditto" comment:

    "Alkidhiz"

    Maybe they are strangely appropriate to YOUR life too!

    ReplyDelete