Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Nothing back - According to John

So tonight I have just been HIT( I feel like literally) with the truth that we are in a spiritual battle for lost souls. I mean sometimes I feel like I am actually FIGHTING for the souls of people I love. This all started from youth ministry but has grown from all the adoption stuff. The honest truth is I started to doubt if adopting was right for us BUT I came to see that I am fighting a spiritual battle for the life of our baby too. WOW when you think of it that way it changes everything.... at least for me.
I shared a verse with a friend today and the words just rang so true in my own life and heart.
Isaiah 41:10 says
So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

The King is still on the throne and still in control. I am just learning again how to lay everything into His hands whether its the kids in our youth ministry or our precious baby.


No comments:

Post a Comment