Thursday, August 12, 2010

Set Back #1

All I can say is UGH!!! UGH!!! UGH!!
I knew set backs would come and I even knew that this journey was not going to be easy. I still truly, completely trust the God of the Universe but we are not sure where to go from here.
So New Hope Family Services is a GREAT organization but quite a bit smaller than we originally expected. So they on average only place 6-8 babies a year. Thats not so bad but between their waiting list and New York State regulations it will be 4 YEARS before they put a baby in our arms. UGH!!! I am not giving up and I still believe that God calls us to look after the orphans so I know we are headed in the right direction but I am a little frustrated to say the least. I am not asking for a baby tomorrow and I am not even asking for one in a year but 4 years really?
Please don't get me wrong these people are amazing. God is really working at New Hope but they can only handle so much.
My heart is in the states. I KNOW that kids are starving and need love, family and a home......I am just not sure why our government makes it so difficult to give that to them.
So all that to say I am not sure where God is taking us I just know we are along for the ride.
PLEASE PRAY as we seek God for wisdom and honestly strength.

3 comments:

  1. http://www.keepcalmandcarryon.com/

    It will work out perfecly, just wait and see :-)) ... keep calm and carry on
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knows what God has planned. He could give you a child from a totally different direction, i.e. private adoption. I KNOW that God can work and does work especially when we least expect it. Stay strong and stay faithful.

    ReplyDelete