Thursday, August 26, 2010

What Am I Gonna Do About It?


Ok so this is my frustration... We say we are "christians" But what are we doing about it? We say we believe in being grace filled and loving but what does that look like? This idea goes outside our church walls. Did you know that there are starving people in our country? Ok how about county? Even better our town? Yup even in Cortland!
The average is 220 per year. As of April 2002, the number of individuals for the year is 104, which includes 62 adults and 42 children.
That was 2002! So lets just say that those numbers are still legit.... 42 children have no place to sleep 42!! What are we doing about it?
We have been in ministry about 6 1/2 years and I am constantly amazed at how God works in my heart. Dave and I are serious about adopting because God is serious about adopting. We are serious about loving the unloveable because Jesus loves the unloveable.
This is my challenge pick 3 people that you know are unsaved and do something about it! It might be a little awkward but think about them in hell for eternity. How bad do you have to hate them to have them spend eternity in hell? You don't!! These are people you love..... so.... LOVE THEM!!
My other challenge is this..... Orphans.... Widows.... Homeless People.... they are real and they are out there. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!! They are real people bound for a godless eternity and you have the truth they need. Be a "christian"(which literally means little christ) and share the love of God with them. I am not saying you have to adopt but you can help someone who is......I am not saying you have to bring a widow into your home but have a cup of coffee with her...... I am not saying you have to give all your money to the homeless but give them a sandwich! These are not hard things to do and its NOTHING compared to what Jesus did on the CROSS for YOU!!

1 comment:

  1. Amen. I get goose bumps reading posts like these. I feel like they are getting more frequent. Wouldn't it be amazing if we were able to witness and be part of a revival in our generation?! Thanks for speaking the truth.

    ReplyDelete