Wednesday, November 10, 2010

This month is National Adoption Month so I have been trying my hardest just to get the word out there. Truthfully, because last year I didn't know how huge the need was. This year I do and I thought maybe others just didn't know. BUT its amazing to me how God really doesn't need my help at all!
When He wants to move in someone's heart He is going to do it! So I got up this morning and had an email from someone I love very very much and this is what she said:
Have you watched Anne of Green Gables lately? Didn't think much of it. Just folding my laundry and watching. Within five min. someone is telling her that she is good for nothing trash and kicking her out the door. My daughter says "Mommy why did she call her trash?". Then later Matthew says "Lucky for us that she came" and Marilla says "No, it was providence. He knew we needed her" Can I just tell you I cried and a lot more then I normally cry at that movie. I don't think I will ever watch it the same way after being aware of of how many unwanted children there are and what they go through.
Isn't that awesome! God didn't need me... He used "Anne of Green Gables"!
But this leads me to my next thought. It is amazing how many lives are touched by adoption, foster care or orphans! I was amazed to find how many people I know who where adopted, have adopted or that are very supportive to the cause of impacting orphans with the love of Jesus Christ.
So here is what I am thinking... We should really just talk about it more! It has changed so many lives and the stories are so so moving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment