Friday, July 29, 2011

Birthday Thoughts.

Tomorrow I will turn 28.
I chuckle a little at the idea of being 28.
Mostly, because as a little girl playing house with my cousins I never wanted to be anything older than 25.
It's funny to think about how my childhood house playing has influenced my real life.
I wanted to be married : check
I wanted to have kids: check
I wanted to cook dinner with a beautiful yellow apron and an umbrella (parasol) over my shoulder: nope! LOL
As I sit back and relax taking a stroll down memory lane, I think about all the things I wanted. All the things I SWORE I didn't want and all the things I have.
I did NOT want to marry a pastor or a farmer. teehee
I went through a faze when I only wanted to adopt kids. ( that makes me smile)
I remember wanting to be a race car driver or a mechanic.
So here I sit on the eve of turning 28.
I am married to the man of my dreams, the love of my life.
I am the mommy to a sweet, crazy, sorta silly little boy.
We are adopting a blessing into our home.
I serve in ministry with almost my entire family.
Who could ask for more?
I AM BLESSED!

Sorry no updates on the adoption. Still praying to hear something soon. We are gonna keep serving while we're waiting. Please pray with us. Pray our Baby home soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment