Saturday, July 2, 2011

Walking to change lives...

It went GREAT!! The adoption walk-a-thon was a blast and God truly blessed!! We had a great turn out. Before I tell you how much $$ we made I HAVE to tell you about the blessings God showed me today.
1. A few of my dearest friends sacrificed their entire saturday to come help out and that was a huge blessing. Mostly because a few of these girls know me so well that I don't have to talk and they already know what I am thinking... that comes in really handy at events like this. SO that was a HUGE blessing.
2. The people who came to walk. Sacrificing themselves and their time to walk (in really hot weather) to show support for us.... even as I sit here tears are rushing to my eyes. I have talked about this before but this adoption process has humbled me. Who needs "things" when you have the gifts of friendships like these. So friends came from Norwich, Binghamton and other cities offering their time and money.... again THANK YOU... we are so humbled by you. Thank you.
3. I can't even tell you how many people came up to me today, slid money into my hand and said " I don't want anything I just want you to know that I adopted and I think this is great" others said things like " I was adopted and I think this is amazing". I had mixed feelings about it at first like please don't give me any attention but as soon as I looked into these people's eyes I saw right into their loving hearts and we instantly connected. This is a God thing because recently I have felt a little bit like " nobody gets it" (which I know is satan's lies). But I love how the God of the Universe knows me well enough to give me what I need and what I needed was to really connect with people who have felt it. People who have picked it up with their own hands and held it close. I can't explain how encouraging that was.
4. I know that I will forget some people so I am not even gonna try and list them all but I know that many people were praying for us today... we felt it! The weather was perfect and we had a great day. It is truly a blessing when you can feel God's people bringing you before the Lord. He answered your prayers.

Ok so you are like ..... great Jeanne .... now tell us how you did.... Ok
Well our goal for today was to make $3,000 so we made $3,001.55
Explaining how we got to that amount is kinda funny and to be clear; from that money we have to pay for the chicken BUT that leaves us about $400 from our goal. $400! WOW I am in awe as I look at that number. So what this means is now we have ALL the $$ needed for placement and most of what we need to cover legal fees. Our Baby is closer to home!!!!

I posted a few pictures on my Facebook wall you can see them here. Sadly, things were so crazy that I didn't get pictures of everyone. So... those of you who were there take a picture of you and your family in your shirts and send them to me... please.

Overall... This was a great day! I can't even explain it. God moved and it was a blessing to watch this day unfold.
To the many of you who helped out and/or served THANK YOU!!!!! We could not have done this without you. We are so very thankful for your friendships.
Ok... I am going to bed... I am so very T I R E D.... but its a good tired.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome Jeanne, it was a blessing to be able to walk and be a part of this special day. I enjoyed talking about it with my kids and hope that it made an impression on them of how to help others. So happy for you all being that much closer to your baby. . .love seeing how God works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Candi! Your comments on my blog have been a huge encouragement. Thanks so much. Sorry we didn't get to chat more.

    ReplyDelete