Monday, September 5, 2011

Life Changing News

Ok let me start at the beginning of this rainy september day.
I woke up this morning and couldn't find my phone. RAH! I thought... great, just great!
We were buzzing around the house trying to get things organized before we headed to Utica to see Dave's sister. I am quickly trying to make a dessert and find my phone and get everything organized. The whole time this pressing feeling on me that I desperately want to hold my Baby. I even wrote a quick note to a few friends this morning asking them to pray for my heart. Pray that God would somehow offer me some peace today.
We headed out to Utica. (without my phone). At around 11:30 I was playing with Jaxon and Dave says "ummm honey, our SW just called and she needs to talk to us".
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!! (that is what my heart did)
This is when it gets a little tricky. For some reason or another Dave had gotten the message from our SW but it hadn't brought in her number. Her number was on my phone which was MIA.
We panicked ok alright I panicked! Dave held it together perfectly. I had my Mom and Dad driving to church and turning my house upside down and then he remember that she had called him last week. So after about 20 minutes (felt like 8 HOURS) we gave her a call back............................
She said " A birth mom in NJ has had your profile for a few weeks now. She is really interested in you and another couple. She would like you to come on Wednesday to NJ to meet her. Is that something you would be interested in doing?"
We said YES!!
So Wednesday after dropping Jaxon off at his very first day of pre-school, we will make the 3 1/2 hour drive to NJ to meet the woman who will change our lives forever. No matter her choice we will walk away from this situation "new" people. She will impact our hearts forever.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PRAY WITH US.
Pray that God gives us peace as we get things together.
Pray that we trust God 100% for how things turn out.
Pray for our hearts and the hearts of the other couple. Something that has hit me today is that if she picks us, that other Mom will be heart broken. Pray for her.
Pray for the Birth Mom. Pray that God grabs a hold of her heart and she is given extreme peace with her choice.
And this last one is for me.
Those of you who know me well, know that I struggle with insecurities. Pray that I don't fret over how I look or what she thinks of me. Pray that I can just be consumed with the love of God and do nothing but pour that out on her.

Ok so for now that's all I've got.
I wish I had details and maybe after talking to our SW I will know a little bit more.
All I can do is just BEG that you take our little family before the throne.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!
Pray that I don't get too excited. It might be late for that....on second thought pray that God will protect my heart.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm so happy for this opportunity for you. I'll be praying for you guys! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanne, we are praying with you, for you and for this birth mother. We are praying for your mommy heart that so longs to hold that baby in her arms.We are praying as you travel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you guys as you go on this trip that will change your lives!

    "The King Reigns! And His Son."

    ReplyDelete