Monday, May 9, 2011

From 5k to Walk-a-thon

It looks like we have nailed a few things down.
1. July 2nd is the official date
2. It has gone from a 5k to a Walk-a-thon.

So the walk-a-thon is a LOT easier to plan.
I don't want to sound like I am just taking the "easy" way out. I just had NO IDEA the stuff that goes into a 5K and I just don't have the time it would take. SO>>> TA DA!!
Here we are planning the first ever Coy Family Adoption Walk-a-thon.

So this is the plan:

There will be an entry fee of $10.
Then each walker will get a form where they can also have people sponsor them for every mile they walk. (All donations due the day of the walk)
We will walk from Bill Anderson's Farm Market to and through Dwyer Memorial Park (Little York Park) and then back to Bill Anderson's Farm Market.
After the walk the chicken/ meals will be ready.

Also working on a few details, like t-shirts and such. So if you are interested in walking with us you can contact my Facebook page or you can send me an email jeannecoy17@yahoo.com

Oh I almost forgot. If you have any ideas like ... "you should try this" or "I know this doesn't work" feel free to send them my way. I am always open to suggestions and would welcome the help.
We need to raise $3,000!
God is good and I trust Him .... So here goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment