Sunday, May 29, 2011

How she has changed me....

Oh my... How our world is about to change forever.
I have put off writing this blog for weeks.
See God started stirring in our hearts the need to love the fatherless long before we started this adoption process. Actually God started moving in my heart years ago but little did I know what was happening.
So about 12 or so years ago I met this amazing little girl. She and her friends were passing notes across the aisle at church. I didn't know then who she was but little did I know only a few years later she would become a part of my family.
This amazing young lady has had troubles and trials. Things in her life that I would never wish on anyone. My heart broke with hers.
As I grew to know her I realized for the first time in my life what it might have been like to have a younger sibling. I hurt when she hurts. We have spent hours laughing and crying.
Then we made our decision.... We decided that this lovely young woman was a treasure, a precious ruby so valuable that we could just not let her go. So we invited her to come live with us. For the past 3 1/2 years she has been a staple in this house. Jaxon loves her. I wish I had pictures of the 2 of them sitting on her bed. Either reading a book together, playing Ipod or just simply talking.
A week ago, we watched as we let this precious part of our life, walk down the aisle to the man of her dreams. We watched her walk down that aisle knowing that she is not coming back home. I can't even tell you how many times since then that Jaxon has asked when she will be home.
This amazing lady has changed our lives. This amazing girl with her life circumstances is what opened our eyes for the love that should be given to the fatherless. So... 12 years ago God started moving in my heart when I met this little girl who has now turned into an amazing, compassionate woman. Thank you Bethany. Thank you for being a part of this little family. We are gonna miss you around here. I already miss you.
Roger, Thank YOU! Thank you for loving her. Thank you for making it easy to let her walk down the aisle. It was easy to let her go knowing that she would be safe in your arms. We love you so much.
Our home is ALWAYS open to you. Keep your keys. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment