Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

I love my Mom so much. I am not going to pretend like things have always been "peachy" with us. We have had our moments... but now my Mom is truly one of my best friends. I tell her everything and I would be lost without her.

My Hubby is gonna say a few words about his Mama.
"My mom is perfect! . . . just kidding. Most people reading this probably don't know my mom. In one word, I would say servant. She goes out of her way to help people and to provide for them. She doesn't love being up front, but if that's what's needed she will do that too. She has a huge heart & concern for people. I love my mom .... and that's all I got to say about that!"



So 4 years ago on Mother's Day I skipped (ssshhh) church.
I skipped church because Jaxon was due and was not ready. The bun was still baking in the oven. I skipped because I could not handle another person asking me why Jaxon wasn't here yet. I know that may sound silly but those of you who have ever had an overdue baby will TOTALLY understand. I believe the date was May 12th and 5 days later after laboring ALL day I had an emergency c-section. Jaxon was making some funny noises so they showed him to me and quickly took him to the NICU. I was taken to recovery... Dave sat there for about umm 2.5 seconds before we said in almost unison "Go check on him"... Dave ran off and a few minutes later my Mom and Dave's Mom came to see me. As soon as I saw them I started bawling. I grabbed on to my Moms hand and said " Mom, I want my Baby". Both my Mom and Dave's Mom reassured me that he was fine. 5 hours later (the longest of my life) Jaxon and I came to our room at the same time. I finally got to see him and kiss his little adorable face. I was so proud to be a Mommy. Jaxon has been a huge blessing and I couldn't imagine my life without him.

So here I sit wanting so badly to be a Mommy again for our new Baby. It would be easy to get down in the dumps and think " What is God doing?" but I read this blog and realized that I have so much to be thankful for.
Happy Mother's Day.
Enjoy your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment